Registered Play Therapist Eligibility Requirements
As an APTA Clinical Member APTA Registered Play Therapist you are recognised for the skills, expertise and experience you have as a practicing specialist Play Therapist and Mental Health professional.
The designation as an APTA-RPT does not certify, imply, or affirm the knowledge or competency of such individual but only confirms that the education and training requirements identified herein have been satisfied.
- Mental Health Qualification (minimum Bachelor level)
- Belonging to a Registering body relevant to your mental health qualification
- Working with Children Check or Police Clearance equivalent to residing country
- 150 hours of training in play therapy/expressive therapy (100 hours min face to face)
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- 300 hours of clinical practice
- 50 hours of clinical supervision (maximum of 10 hours group supervision)